How to install custom recovery on Redmi Note 8.
Redmi Note 8 Specifications
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 was launched in 2019 under the category of mid-range smartphones. However, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 became very famous as a high-performance mid-ranged device, in the field of smartphones. This device is powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset and 3-6GB Ram. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 became more famous because of its’ Quad Camera Setup and also the 48mp Wide camera. The Redmi Note 8 got a battery of 4000 mAH and supports fast charging 18W.
Note: Installing a custom recovery on xiaomi redmi note 8 void the warranty of the device. So try this at your own risk!
This article, How to install custom recovery on Redmi Note 8 is bringing you by techylife.online
Prerequisites for installing custom recovery
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Make sure to have at least 50% battery
- ADB and fastboot drivers -Download from here
- Custom recovery for Redmi Note 8- Orangefox (I recommend this as best)/ Twrp Recovery
- 10 minutes off time 🙂
Installing Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 8
- First, Download and install Adb&fastboot drivers.
- Reboot the PC.
- Locate the folder that adb&fastboot drivers extracted.
- Copy and paste the downloaded recovery image in there.
- Open cmd in the folder by holding shift and right-click.
- Now power off the phone.
- Reboot into fastboot by holding power and volume down.
- Connect the phone to pc using USB type-C cable.
- Then, Type these commands.
And Enter. You can see your device is detected in cmd as a fastboot device.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
You have to replace the name of downloaded recovery to the place of twrp.img in code.
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
The phone will be reboot to the recovery. Here we go, you are ready to use the custom recovery on redmi note 8.
Congratulations!! you have done it.
What can be done with a custom recovery?
- You can install custom roms on redmi note 8.
- You can root your device.
- Flash any zip or mod that is ported to redmi note 8.
- Can gain root access for your device.