How to flash Custom Roms on Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note7 is a mid-ranged smartphone of the Xiaomi smartphone company. It is a very popular device. It has a 48 MP camera and a 6.3-inch display. Redmi Note 7 is powered with a Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chipset and Adreno 512 GPU. Redmi Note-7 is available with 3GB,4GB, and 6GB ram versions. This device has a 4000 mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging. Although Redmi Note 7 is a budget smartphone it gives valuable features for the money we spend.
Let’s see what is a custom rom.
The android system which is pre-installed on your device it is called ‘Stock Rom’. The stock ROM gives you fewer functions on your device. But the developers build custom ROMs for our device. You can use a custom ROM to unlock extra functions on your device. Custom Roms increase Device’s Performance. A lot of custom ROMs give you functions that haven’t enable on stock ROM.For Example: In custom ROMs, you can edit anything like themes, navigation bar designs. Developers add a lot of functions to the custom ROMs than the stock ROM. That’s Why a lot of people use Custom Roms in the present.
Requirements for install a custom rom.
- Unlocked bootloader. (Read this article if you don’t know to unlock bootloader.)
- Custom recovery installed. (Refer to this article how to install a custom recovery.)
- Downloaded custom rom for your device.
- Gapps package.
Recoveries for redmi note 7
IMPORTANT*:-You should be careful when you selecting a recovery for your device. If you flashed the wrong Recovery your device will break your device. Make sure that the recovery you selecting is matched with your device android version.
List of custom roms for Redmi Note 7
- Aosp Extended Rom.
- Pixel Experience Rom.
- Bootleggers Rom.
- Cr Droid Rom.
- Evolution X.
- Havoc Os.
- Linage Os.
- Oxygen Os.
- Viper Os.
- Resurrection Remix.
You can download above rom packages from here.
You can download latest custom roms from Redmi Note 7 telegram group.
- Download Gapps package for your device from here.
Let’s begin installing custom rom.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Gapps Zips into your sd card.
- First, power off your device and put it into recovery mode. By pressing Volume up and Power Buttons. (Custom Recovery)
- Go to the wipe menu on twrp home page. Then select Advanced Wipe and Wipe Dalvik,Cache, Data and system.
- Then, Swipe to Wipe. You can follow the below guide.
- Then, go to wipe menu again and perform a Format Data.(This method preserves your device from data encryption).
- Then come back to twrp home. Go to install.
- Select the ROM file that you copied into your sd card.
- After successfully flashing rom go back to the home.
- Then again go to install the menu and select GAPPS zip to flash.
- After flashing done Gapps you can reboot your phone.
- The first reboot gets 10-15 Minutes.